Fulfill your state-mandated CME credits while enhancing your knowledge of opioid and non-opioid pain management, safe opioid prescribing and substance use treatment. Learn now.
8 Hour Online MAT Waiver Training
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Review addiction identification and evidence-based treatments.
- Discuss the pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) patients.
- Describe the fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment including the treatment of the co-morbid patient.
- Explain the process of buprenorphine induction as well as stabilization and maintenance.
- Discuss other approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD.
- Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentially.
- Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD.
- Apply for a MAT Waiver Training Certificate to begin treating patients with OUD.
Online CME Module: Stigma in Methadone and Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
This module describes the history of methadone maintenance and the effectiveness and key myths of opioid agonist treatment, explores empathizing with patients taking methadone or buprenorphine, and empowers clinicians to support patients and their significant others.
The Pain Management Guide
The ASAM Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Course
This course covers all medications and treatments for opioid use disorder, and provides the required education needed to obtain the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine. ASAM is an approved provider by CSAT/SAMHSA of DATA 2000 training. ASAM also provides the additional 16 hours that are required for NPs and PAs
The ASAM Fundamentals of Addiction Medicine Resources
The resources presented are meant to be a general guide to the materials available for primary care physicians and clinicians on addiction related topics.